Friday, September 23, 2011

Fatten me up!!




Off to Byron Bay for a week with my darling offspring. We are renting a cute little beach house and just de-stressing and parring back on life, lots of books, beaches and board games.
So in the name of family unity (and mummy's sanity) I have banned the following with the 2 delights of my life.
1.Fighting! I know I dream.
2. Nagging. Do NOT repeatedly plead with mummy nine hundred & ninety nine times to turn around and get electronic brain draining games which is huge catalyst for aforementioned fighting.
3. ANYTHING that is not conducive to me having a rest,. especially stopping at any money depleting establishment that incorporates the word "WORLD" into it's branding.

 I know this all sounds a wee bit selfish and old school but my kiddies need to turn down the sound and turn up the imagination these holidays and mummy needs to enjoy some slow life movement with them, not chase them around hopped up on preservatives.

But before the boys and I do that I am going to enjoy a few days at The Byron on Byron resort eating yummy food at The Vogue Living event that is being held there.
I will keep a report and let you know if it is as good as I hope it will be. I mean read this, sounds impressive right?? I'm not eating today so I can make a big (but civilised) piggy of myself tonight!!

The 2011 Vogue Living Champagne Dinner, in association with the Champagne Bureau, will be held on Friday 23 September.This is the most prestigious event on the annual Byron at Byron culinary calendar.

Internationally loved Chef Warren Turnbull, of Sydney’s two hatted Restaurant Assiette in Surry Hills, will prepare a lavish five course French degustation matched with five of the world’s finest Champagnes.

This is the fourth consecutive Vogue Living Champagne Dinner to be held at The Byron at Byron and guests can expect yet another spectacular dining event. 

Have a great weekend

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. My husband and I stayed there a couple of years ago, it was gorgeous. I hope you have a great time and get plenty of relaxing done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time away!. I think in years to come I would love to live at Byron Bay or maybe Bangalow. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This week will be wonderful for you! Fingers crossed the boys get the rules!! Can't wait to hear about the vogue dinner! what will u wear!!? Enjoy! LovT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Byron just last week and it was divine! Enjoy :)
    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes even my friend told me that they live in Byron bay house and have real enjoyment on weekend.

    ReplyDelete