Monday, November 8, 2010

What does not kill us makes us stronger.

This week started on a rather dire note. So much despair and tragedy happening out there in blog land.
It is hard to know what to say to people you care about in their hour of heartbreak. All anyone can do is show empathy and compassion and feel humbled at the frailty of life and the inconsistencies of the human condition.
We are living in a fast paced world where we are subjected to disaster and gross injustices on a daily basis, but it is always so shocking and horrible when it is happening to people we know and love. I try and take some time to thank the powers that have kept my children happy, my family healthy and my world spinning everyday with little or no hardship. We are all blessed to live in a country so free and devoid of the massive atrocities that others witness in their daily lives. So as we go about our daily lives lets remember that we never know what our neighbours or friends are going through when they close their doors at night, so we should try and be patient and understanding to all the various idiosyncrasies that challenge us in our daily encounters.
Melinda x
PS on a nice note Thank You to Keren from The Brown Trading Company for casting Lily g under the limelight on their new and fabulous blog. We love their Bungalow products and she and her brother Gavin are the loveliest people.

9 comments:

  1. Very lovely post Melinda. Well said.

    I pray every day for the hard things people around me are going through and like you, I am grateful for every happy day.

    Digella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a beautiful post Melinda and so eloquently written. It's a pleasure to highlight the beautiful Lily-G and your team, if only the circumstances of the past few weeks weren't so sad.

    Thinking of those people who need our beautiful wishes the most.

    Keren
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sentiments that I agree with totally. It made me pause to contemplate, and take a deep breath. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda...
    You have expressed what is in my heart so well. Grateful for my many blessings...
    Take care...Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written & thought provoking.
    Karyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your wise and thoughtful words. So true. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post. And again beautifully written. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one Melinda to another beautifully said xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi LILY-G, What a powerful message and so beautifully written. I just started my new blog with a tribute to the lovely A-M, and just wanted to let you know that I follow your inspirational blog and would like to thank-you for the beautiful inspiration that you bring into my life. I hope to tell everyone about your gorgeous shop 'LILY-G' and post a few of my beautiful items bought from you on my blog, like the gorgeous ginger jars that I love!!!

    ReplyDelete